We are looking for a business growth manager to help us continue to grow and ensure our customer satisfaction remains outstanding.
Business Growth Manager
- Full time (part time possible for the right candidate)
- Salary: £40,000 (+ sales incentivisation package)
- Required for: As soon as possible, but will negotiate for the right candidate
- Closing date: 26th September
- Interview dates: w/c 3rd of October
As a growing company, we are looking for an individual who can help move the business forward, taking a leading role in their areas of responsibility. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to help shape the future of the company and see tangible results from their work from day one.
About Penrose Education
Penrose Education is an EdTech company seeking to transform Teacher Education by leveraging innovative software tools. Our mission is to help ITT course providers deliver holistic, effective trainee development, efficiently – so they can focus on training the next generation of teachers.
Business Growth Manager
The Business Growth Manager’s responsibilities include generating and developing relationships with customers and prospective customers to help identify how our products might support their course delivery. This will include sales, marketing and retention activities, but sitting alongside our broader company strategy.
We take a firmly consultative approach to sales, that is built upon a deep understanding of the challenges faced by teacher training providers. The manager will be adept at responding to the needs of each provider. They will represent the company’s brand and drive strategies to increase product awareness by observing the teacher training sector, competitors and industry trends. They will also support the business to further the product proposition and grow the company within current markets and new ones.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for genuinely solving the problems of the providers, mentors and trainees you are working with. To do this, you will need strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills, as well as in-depth understanding of organisational educational practises.
- Takes the lead in developing Penrose Education’s overall business development strategies – supported by the Education Director
- Details, designs and implements marketing campaigns for each product – including planning and delivery of events, and leading the creation of marketing materials
- Develops relationships with key prospective customers across all stages of the sales pipeline
- Analyses trends, data, demographics, pricing strategies and other information to improve marketing and sales approach
- Contributes to the development of our overall brand identity
- Works with the Product Director to develop each product’s proposition – including leading on customer and market research
- Ensures that Penrose Education maintains and further develops our expertise within the teacher development sector
- Depending on candidate experience, there may also be opportunities to build expertise in new sectors/markets as the business grows, ensuring product and business strategy is always aligned.
- Passionate about using technology to enhance adult learning and training
- Pro-active, self-starter – able to manage own workload
- Keen problem-solver – balances theoretical understanding with practical implications
- Commercial mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team-player – we leave our egos at the door
- Building and maintaining customer relationships
- Education sector – preferably with experience specifically in teacher training
- Adult learning and/or training management – preferably with experience using technology to support learning
- Though not essential, experience of sales pipeline management would be desirable
- Salary: £40,000 + sales incentivisation package
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working, with some travel expected to meet with the team and customers
- 28 days holiday
- Part-time possible depending on candidate
Penrose Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. While this role will primarily be delivered outside of schools, we still expect all workers and employees to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Criminal Records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Rob Caudwell: firstname.lastname@example.org